Friday, January 25, 2013

The Beginnings

Hello, Welcome to my Blog!  

The Beginnings:

Thursday, November 13, 2003

This is when I began to  journal. I realized that God was teaching me stuff, after my husband died, and I wanted to have a record, so I wouldn't forget!

When my husband died after 30 years of marriage, I collapsed on the couch, because I had depended on him for everything. 

I had started journalling my prayers the summer of 2003, when I first began to have a regular "quiet time" with God. I would read a verse or passage, then answer the questions posed in the journal I was using. For a while my written prayers wandered far from the topic of the verse, as I was recording my thoughts, and that was okay, because I was sharing my heart with God.

But then came the day that I realized that I'd been changing the subject on God, in this conversation we were having. Now, that's rude, to listen to a friend, then start talking on a completely different subject altogether. So now I began to listen to what my Father is saying to me each day, and respond to Him.

I'd found that having a journal to write in kept me awake for morning devotions, and enabled me to be consistent; something I never accomplished  before. And it gave me strength to carry on in ways that I wasn't able to before.   



2 comments:

  1. Bonnie- This is a phenomenal blog! Thank you for sharing it, you have helped me in many ways and I know this blog will be a blessing for countless others! John K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. My desire is that Christ is seen, not me.

      Delete