Sunday, May 5, 2013

A "Bad Hair Day"?

James 1:19-27   

Personalized:

My dear daughter, take note of this: I want you to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. Your human anger does not bring about the righteous life that I desire for you, my dear. Therefore, get rid of moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent in your culture and humbly accept My word that I have planted in you, which can save you from that worldliness.

Do not merely listen to what I'm telling you, dear, and lie to yourself--do what I say. If you only listen to me and not do what I say, it's like looking at yourself in the mirror, and seing your hair a mess, then going off without fixing your hair; you can go all day as a "bad hair day" and not even realize it, but everyone else notices! But if you look into My word, which is perfect and gives you power to be free from social mores, and you don't forget it in the crunch--dear daughter of Mine, I will bless you in everything you do.

My dear, to show your love for Me, continue to trust Me to put my check on your tongue. Don't let yourself become polluted by the attitudes of your society.   



No comments:

Post a Comment