Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Own Understanding

Proverbs 3:5-7   


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil.   


O my Father, teach me to not trust my own understanding, even what I think I understand of You and Your word! I know I come across as very confident in my own understanding of what You have said, but let my confidence be in You, not my understanding of You, which would be being wise in my own eyes. Father, keep me humble in my submission to You; that Your glory would be foremost in my life, and that I not promote myself, but You. I know that my understanding of You and Your ways is still incomplete no matter how much I study and find answers to questions that come up; until I am perfected at the time of Your Glorious Appearing, when I am changed and rise to meet You in the clouds, and then evermore to be with You, my Lord.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!     







No comments:

Post a Comment