Friday, December 9, 2016

Ask For Anything

John 15:7-8

But if you remain in Me and My words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are My true disciples. This brings great glory to My Father.

This is a wonderful promise! But it has a premise--we must "remain in" Him and His "words" must "remain in" us. So what does that mean? 

If we have repented, turned around our thinking processes to stop defending ourselves and realize that we deserve the death He died and He took our place on the Cross, that's when the Father will cause us to be born into His own Family by placing His Holy Spirit in us; that's when we begin to be "in Christ." 

Then when we continue to consider Jesus to be Lord (Boss) over our lives, submitting to His will and ways, and live our daily lives conforming to the way He would have us to think, speak and act according to His Word, the Bible; that is remaining in Him and His words remaining in us.

That's why I seek to enter into His Words every day, why I post a new blog entry every morning, and keep myself aware of God with me every moment of every day, "practicing the presence of God," as Brother Andrew so aptly expressed. 

Then when I ask for something I want, I can be assured that it is something God wants for me and wants to give me, so it brings glory to Him to answer my prayer. 

So let us all continually search the Scriptures to see what God's Truth is concerning every matter we confront each day, to make sure we are remaining in Christ and His Word is remaining in us.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment