Monday, March 6, 2017

To Find Life

Nehemiah 9:28

...People will find life if only they obey....

O my Father, You have laid out for us all the details that lay out the principles by which we will find life and health, if only we just humble ourselves to obey. In our foolish pride we turn from Your ways and go our own way, which leads to death: sickness, weakness, illness; physically, emotionally, relationally, and especially spiritually. 

Teach me Your ways, for You are my Lord, my Guide and my Teacher. Strengthen me in Your Spirit to both will and to do of only Your good pleasure. Open my mind to understand and comprehend Your ways; but even what I don't understand (because Your ways are so far above my ways!), help me to obey, trusting You to work out the details. I am so weak in myself, Father; strengthen me in Your strength, to always stand and walk confidently, continually going forward toward You, and achieving good success in Your plans for me. 

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!






No comments:

Post a Comment