Monday, July 31, 2017

Place Of Refuge

Psalm 142: 5-6

I pray to You, O Lord, I say, "You are my place of refuge." You are all I really want in life. Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.

Our persecutors can be debts, they can be wayward children, they can be a circumstance forced on you by the weather. Anything that makes us feel overwhelmed, not able to do whatever is needed to resolve the situation.

O my Father, You are my place of refuge, Lord. You really are all I want in this life. I am feeling the pressure right now of this pressing situation. Please rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me. Please provide the help I need to deal with all the mud and trash and destruction this flood has put on me in my basements. Show me what I can do to clear out all the mess, and return this house into the home it should be. 

Then, Father, any prospective buyer will see it's possibilities and take this property off my hands at last. I know You have been preparing the person(s) You would have here, who would be able to use this place for Your purposes. 

Strengthen me, now, to go downstairs and deal with this enemy.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment