Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Man's Steps

Proverbs 20: 24

Man's steps are ordained by the Lord, how then can a man understand his own way?

We all think we are thinking all our own thoughts and making all of our own decisions. But our freedom of will only extends to the boundaries our Creator has placed on us. Everything we can choose or decide is still within the "fenced yard" He has placed us in. So everything we can do is still within the Plans God has determined for each of us. 

And, even so, have you ever done or said anything that you hadn't planned? That was God, Who has "ordained your steps." Aren't you glad that God did that for you? He probably saved you from a lot of trouble.

I remember one time on my way to my daughter's, I realized I was thinking very critically of her as I drove, so I prayed that my Father would put His words on my lips. While we were visiting, I "heard" myself telling her something very encouraging, just the opposite of what I had been thinking on the way! That was God! Thank You, Father! He surprised me that time! 

Has He ever surprised you? He will always make sure that His Plans will succeed, and He uses the choices we make to move things along. Even when we choose to do or say something not positive, or even sinful, God can still use even those for His purposes. As a matter of fact, the "worse" the situation can be, the "best" God can bring out of it! Consider the worst thing that Mankind has ever done, executing the Lord God as a common criminal! Yet God used Jesus' death to pay our eternal debt, now He can forgive us and let us into His Heaven!

But don't ever do what you know is wrong because God can bring good from it. You will still bear the temporal consequences, and also damage your witness for Christ. You will never know the benefits God would bring out of your sinful action, if He chooses to do so at all.

This is a consolation only for the mistakes we make, not knowing the right yet. But we do need to learn to make better choices, by learning His ways, which are so far above our ways that we can never attain to them without His help and enabling. 

Dear Father, please teach us more and more of Your ways and Your thinking processes. Draw us ever closer to Your side, to walk with you and commune with You every day. Continue to mold us and make us into the very image of Your Son, our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment